As a follow up to the news Yachts International reported last week of SYBAss (Superyacht Builders Association) and LYBRA (Large Yacht Brokers Association) withdrawing from this year’s Monaco Yacht Show, Informa, the organizers of the Show have confirmed that the show will go ahead with several amendments in place.
The Principality of Monaco and Informa confirmed they are working together to deliver an intimate, not-for-profit Monaco Yacht Show in Port Hercule in September 2020, with full details to be announced in the coming weeks. The proposed event will employ the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness and be dedicated to supporting the speedy recovery of the industry post COVID-19, providing an invaluable platform for designers, brokers, shipyards and other key players within the yachting industry to connect with their customers and share ideas in a safe environment.
Return & Recovery Post Covid-19 Pandemic
As countries and locations around the world gradually relax lockdown restrictions and ease control measures, the superyacht community will be among the many industries, that will seek to return and recover safely and quickly.
With this in mind, The Monaco Yacht Show has been working closely with the Principality of Monaco to determine how best to support the industry in 2020.
This year’s Monaco Yacht Show is scheduled from September. 23-26. The organizers say, “With control measures steadily being relaxed in Monaco, around Europe and internationally, on current course and speed, this should allow for a carefully staged event to still take place this year. Therefore, it is our intention to retain these dates for the 2020 Monaco Yacht Show and work with suppliers and local authorities over the coming weeks to confirm full details.”
The 30th Monaco Yacht Show will be run on a not -for-profit basis.
In the spirit of the history and position of the event within the superyacht industry, the 30th Monaco Yacht Show will be run on a not-for-profit basis, recognizing the challenges facing everyone post the COVID-19 pandemic and, therefore, providing direct support to all attendees and exhibitors from across the market.
The proposed 2020 Monaco Yacht Show will be organized in accordance with Informa’s AllSecure health and safety standard. As a prominent events’ organizer, Informa has developed a detailed set of enhanced measures to provide the highest levels of hygiene and safety at its events, providing everyone with reassurance and confidence they are participating in a safe and controlled environment. While the intimate nature of the 2020 event will prioritize the safety of participants, both Informa and the Monaco Principality are committed to ensuring the quality of the event and show experience is maintained for everyone.
Charlie McCurdy, Chief Executive, Informa Markets ( organizer of the Monaco Yacht Show) said “The COVID-19 pandemic has had a devastating impact on all industries, not least the international yachting community. As we move to the other side of the pandemic, all parts of the industry need to work collaboratively to ensure a speedy return and recovery. We are playing our part by hosting a not-for-profit Monaco Yacht Show in 2020, providing an opportunity for the community to come together, share ideas, meet with customers and start to rebuild positive momentum.”
Jean Castellini, Minister of Finance and Economy for Monaco, said, “In the aftermath of COVID-19, it is the responsibility of the Monaco Government to do everything we can to help businesses and industries recover quickly. In this spirit, we are working with Informa to finalize details of the 2020 Monaco Yacht Show, which will prioritize the health and safety of all participants, whilst providing direct support to the international yachting community, ensuring it can connect with customers and accelerate the recovery of what is an increasingly important industry for the region.”